This time of the year definitely makes you want a fresh, new start. To some, it may equate to a change of perspective, a shift in career, a wardrobe modification, or maybe even a makeover. This 2012, for whatever way you choose to start the new year, may it be old habits you want gone, or new things you plan to take on, the old must go before we can welcome the new. Same goes with your makeup kit!
Now is the perfect time to share with you this Japanese makeup line that recently made its debut in the Philippines, Koh Gen Do. In this post you will read about their primer, concealer, foundations, and makeup remover. Koh Gen Do generally describes their makeup as "high definition" as it is fit for long hours yet natural, fresh and "feels wonderful to wear daily". Their philosophy of 25 years is to create makeup inspired by skincare; free of fragrance, composite pigments and mineral oil that with continuous usage of their products, the skin’s health will be enhanced from within.
- Maifanshi Makeup Color Base in Pearl White – I use it as a primer for the face, on areas in need of brightening like the eyes. It’s a great cream base that gives makeup long-lasting wear, gives an illuminating effect as it minimizes the pores, and protects the skin from the UV rays with an SPF 16 PA++. All that in one little tube!
- Moisture Concealer – This multifunctional concealer is magic! You can do no wrong with three shades so you can go from dark, medium to light or try layering them depending on your skintone or the area of the face you are doing. It also comes with its own brush.
- Maifanshi Moisture Foundation 013 – It’s described as “a 3D Real Skin Foundation” and is available in 12 shades to match any skintone. What I love about using this foundation is whether I use it alone or with other products; its staying power is incredible. And I don’t mean looking really made-up and cakey, rather a superior coverage with a smooth sheer finish. Leave it to Koh Gen Do to make it seem like you have naturally poreless skin. ;) Plus, if you’re not one to do retouches midday (like me!), this one’s for you.
- Aqua Foundation OC-1 – This liquid foundation is made from the deep sea waters of Rausu, Japan. It is said to fully moisturize the skin and eliminate imperfections. Since I mostly use the Moisture Foundation, I use this almost like a highlighter especially on areas like the bridge of the nose, apples of the cheeks, and under eye area as it has a lifting effect.
- Cleansing Spa Water – This miraculous makeup remover can take on any waterproof makeup in a matter of seconds. Made from the pure waters of Yumuro Hot springs in Izumo, Japan, its formula is infused with six essential herb extracts that melts away makeup as it nurtures the skin. It’s oil-free, alcohol-free, it’s even safe for contact lens wearers. No rinsing required, it doesn’t get any better than that. If you have sensitive skin you can also try it with their 100% organic cotton. It's softer and thicker than ordinary cotton and was raised in Japan absolutely free from chemicals, bleach, and pigments.
If you still got some extra holiday money to spare, then it’s time to make room for some Koh Gen Do!
Happy 2012, everyone!!!